Friday, 25 May 2012

Tenerife geology 2009 day 1

Tenerife geology fieldwork

For the last three years, I have visited Tenerife with groups of A'level geology students, staying in Playa de las Americas and Los Gigantes. We have visited sites close to the south, centre and western end of the island. In 2009, I carried a Garmin GPS and produced a map of the trip. This evening, I have finally finished attaching the photographs from the first day, when we visited Los Gigantes, Santiago del Teide, Masca and Garachico. The photos from 2009 are a more manageable collection than the gigabytes that I have taken subsequently. I have added a comment to each photo explaining why I think it is significant. As I finish the rest of the database, I will publish the links at https://sites.google.com/site/carpebble/home/geology.

No comments:

Post a Comment