Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Exeter College panosphere

Stereographic projection

I have been playing with Hugin and creating panospheres or photographic worlds for a month or so now and am slowly accumulating equipment and expertise. Unfortunately, I didn't have a tripod or a wide-angle lens for this picture, so a lot of fudging has been used to create this image - my first image using a stereographic projection. Overall, I am happy to have reached this milestone, but I can see that there is a lot to learn. Click on the image to see a larger version in flickr. An early version of the original 360 degree panorama is in GigaPan. It is 150 megapixels and if you enlarge the image to full screen, you can pan and zoom within the GigaPan interface to see a lot of detail in the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment